Wednesday, November 29, 2006

So many emotions

Apparently last post has been a bit shocking... well, not that I am in any kind of depression, it was just that last weekend was so full of emotions I woke up on Monday morning with the nostalgia of it and the fear of a tedious week in front of me.

This weekend I had really a little bit of everything... I started stressed on friday evening because when I left the office in the cab I got trapped by the traffic jam in my way to the airport. So I arrived on time for my plane but a bit stressed. I bought a few presents in the gift shops and checked the gate of my plane... and oh oh surprise! my plane is delayed for two hours, instead of leaving at 20:00 it would leave at 22:00. Despair. The heating in the airport is extremely high. I talked with the guy of Iberia: my plane is broken and the only available plane arrives from Oviedo at 21:45. Then I decide to go shopping to cheer my self up, cause there is no hairdresser in this terminal of the airport (I really need to go to the hairdresser, and it really cheers up so that would have been perfect, next available substitute is clothe shopping). I'm in Mango trying some t-shirts and discover the result of my despair, I have a rush on my arm, very close to the axile (I have very sensitive skin and I get rushes all the time due to the materials, the stress or the food). Shit.I really need to change clothes then and buy some moistourizing cream. I bought two sweaters, so nothing I should wear at the moment (because of the rush). I go to the toilet and I change of t-shirt by the only available option that would not imply any material touch the rush: an open back t-shirt with a knot by the neck, anyway since my plane is delayed I'll have to go straight from the airport to the party, this way I am already dressed for the party. Consequence: it looks a bit weird for an airport where most of people is either casually dressed or business-dressed. I get out of the toilet and check the panel in front of me: my plane is delayed one more hour!!!!!!!! Can't believe it!!!! Now I am really angry, if I get to Brussels by 1:30, I'll arrive around 2am to a party that started at 11pm. A lot of people will have already left. I go to complain to Iberia. There I meet Magalie, a friend of a friend. That saved the stay at the airport.... Went to have diner with her, I withdrew money and then we had to run all over the terminal to catch our flight (iberia fuckers).

I got to Brussels and I go into, probably, the only cab whose driver doesn't know where the rue du marché du charbon is, I explain him, however he checks in the map and decides to go to bourse. Of course he leaves me there, but at the very other end of the street. I'm tired and annoyed. I meet Dave= finally relax. Loads of people is there! slowly slowly I get into the mood of partying. So nice to see everybody again. And so nice to feel all the enthousiasm: Zahra is going to Sri Lanka, Jonathan to Bangladesh, Malin to Malawi, etc, etc... This was a very very happy good bye party. Very cool. I see dave falling asleep, of course he lies to me because he knows I am having fun, but he is such a bad lier. We stayed until 3 am.

Back to rue Paul Lauters... it still feels home when I see the street, when I stand in front of the door, and of course when I get into the elevator. I love that elevator, because it is so small that only two people, standing very very close, fit in it. And so every single trip I have done with dave in this elevator I got a kiss.

Next morning we woke up late, we had a nice breakfast with Charlotte and Cyrille in the kitchen and then I went to Marcollini. What a wonderful chocolate shop. I wanted to buy some chocolates for the people of the office and Dave wanted to buy something for his secretary. In the end I went alone, cause Dave had to work. Being in Marcollini was great... Despite the awful belgian shop assistant... let's not talk about the belgians now, it would destroy the moment... Marcollini is for me like being in a jewelery shop, but better, cause there is no jewels but chocolate, wonderful chocolate... However, this year, the winter collection is not so tasteful as other times, instead it looks bulky. I call Dave, I tell him that the winter collection doesn't look nice, sure it tastes good but it doesn't look as stylish as it used to be. We agree on buying a box of various truffes for his secretary. I was going to buy a similar box for the people in my office, but in the last minute I see a simple box of truffes bresiliennes, they look great, I ask if it is possible to put this type of truffes in the mix. Of course not, the shop assistant is belgian: I have to buy either the small box of truffes bresiliennes or the bigger box with the mix of truffes but no truffe bresilienne. She is trying to sell me I should buy both big boxes of mix truffes and one small box of truffes bresiliennes. I think fuck you, I am not gonna spend the price of a big box if you don't give me what I want. Result, I buy only the truffes bresiliennes and the box of mixed truffes for Dave's secretary.

Then I head towards chatelain, I am to meet Iratxe for lunch. So nice to walk around rue Bailli, place du chatelain, but it is fucking cold. So I go into a café to wait for Iratxe. She comes, we had a nice tea, we discuss about her work, my work, other consultancy firms, while we wait for Andreas, who is also coming... We start to have lunch. Zoi calls she will join in some minutes. So nice to see them, but I start to have the pressure, I am late for my next meeting. I had to meet Sol at grande place. I call her and ask if she can join in chatelain. Ok arranged. The afternoon flew... So nice to see everybody.

Dave calls he finished work and he helped Anna to buy a present for Rodrigo, he is ready to join to see my sister. Sol insists on driving us there. Horrible traffic jam, is gonna take for ever. I call my sister, we change the place to meet. She arrives, with four or five friends, all of them are also doing their Erasmus in Maastricht. So weird to share these livings, talk about common places. Yes, Metamorfoos, Ala, Heaven 69 and Shamrock are still six years later the most popular places.

Ok again I am running late, I have to get ready for diner at Birgitte's place. We go back home, my sister picks up a few things I had brought for her and we leave.
Birgitte's dinner was great, I don't know how people manage to organize so sophisticated dinners for so many people (I think we were 11 people), but it was gorgeous, and it was great being together again.

We go back home, lay on bed. Diner was delicious but WE ATE TOO MUCH!!!

Sunday, brunch at Pawel and Elise's. In the way Rodrigo drove in his new car... a very green car and we are all very tight sitting in the back. Of course we get into a traffic jam. We arrive late at Pawel and Elise's. Again wonderful food, nice company, nice music and funny discussions.

It is 3:30 pm, need to hurry again, need to be back at charlotte's around 4 for tea. The tea with the girls was nice, although I had to leave quite quickly for the airport.

I took the cab with dave, we had the plane leaving at the same time. In fact it is a shit to know that you are in the same airport but in different terminals during 1 hour (because he flies outside EU, it is a different terminal).

And then back in Madrid... Madrid is so unespecial ... but I am alone until wednesday so tuesday I organize a small apero at home for the people of my office

xxx,
c

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So unespecial??? How come? It hurts...

Cristina said...

Well, I have to admit Brussels is more unespecial than Madrid, it is the people in Brussels what I miss!!!